Been isolated and lonely can cause many stare in the mind and in the head, and adding to this is the current ongoing lockdown caused by the outbreak of the deadly coronavirus which has mandated every citizen to be at home for their own safety. This isolation can lead to different occurrence of which masturbation is not an exception.
‘Masturbation‘ simply means stimulating the genitals, or other areas of your body, for pleasure. So many people find it hard to overcome or stop masturbating that is why www.updatedgist.com is here to guild you on how to overcome it.
Be assured that you can overcome, many have been both male and female and you can be if you are determined. This determination is the first step and that is where we begin. You must decide that you will end this practice, and when you make that decision, the problem will be reduced greatly. But it must be more than a hope or wish, more than knowing that it is good for you. It must actually be a DECISION.
If you truly make up your mind that you will overcome, then you will have the strength to resist any tendencies which yo may have and any temptation which may come to you.
A Guild to Self-Control
- Never touch the intimate parts of your body except during normal toilet/bathroom processes
- Avoid been alone as much as possible. Find good company and stay in this good company
- If you are associated with other persons having same problem. YOU MUST BREAK OFF FRIENDSHIP. Never associate with other people having same weakness. Don’t suppose that two of you will quit together, you never will. You must get away from people of that kind. Just to be in their presence will keep your problem foremost in your mind. The problem must be taken off your mind for that is where it really exists.
- When you bath, do not admire yourself in a mirror. Never stay in the bath more than five or six minutes to avoid the thought of masturbation.
- When in bed, if that is where you have the problem for the most part, dress yourself for the night so securely that you cannot easily touch your vital parts, and so that it would be difficult and time consuming for you to remove those clothes. By the time you started to remove protective clothing you would have sufficiently controlled the thought of masturbation and the temptation would leave you.
- If the temptation seems overpowering while you are in bed, GET OUT OFF THE BED AND GO INTO THE KITCHEN AND FIX YOURSELF A SNACK, even if it is in the middle of the night, and even though you are not hungry and despite your fear of gaining weight. The purpose behind this suggestion is that you get your mind on something else.
- Never read pornographic material. Never read about your problem. Keep it out of mind. Remember – First a thought, then an act. The thought pattern must be changed. You must not allow this problem to remain in your mind and when you accomplish that, you will soon be free of the act.
- Put awesome thoughts into your mind at all times. Read good books, church books, scriptures. Make a daily habit of reading at least one chapter of Scripture, preferably from one of the four Gospels in the New Testament. You can start with the four Gospels – Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, above anything else in the Bible they can be helpful because of the uplifting qualities.
- Pray regularly allowing the spirit of God to lead you in prayer. Sometimes, it may not be necessary praying about this problem because it could make it linger in your mind. You could be led to pray about some other things that usually lead you into the act. For example, not being able to look away the first time you see an indecently dressed girl. This way, you deal with the cause not the effect.
Conclusion: The attitude of a person toward his problem has an effect on how easy it is to overcome. It is essential that a firm commitment be made to control the habit. As a person understands his reasons for the behavior, and is sensitive to the conditions or situations that may trigger a desire for the act, he develops the power to control it.